CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING IN EDUCATION
CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING IN EDUCATION
OFFER | CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING IN EDUCATION
Creative Problem Solving in Education is a course dedicated to helping teachers, educators and their students learn how to plan and run creative processes, find creative solutions to educational challenges, and increase overall creativity. We use the Design Thinking Method, which has been successfully utilised in a wide variety of sectors all over the world and is constantly being developed. We chose Design Thinking because it is a very dynamic and human-centred approach to learning, cooperating and problem solving. It can be flexibly implemented in an educational environment, serving equally well as a framework for course design or a structured framework for identifying challenges, developing potential solutions, refining and testing ideas.
During the course, you will get to know and experience all stages of the process: empathy, needs identification, ideas generation, prototyping and testing. You will gain knowledge about Design Thinking good practices, but also to experience tools and methods used in each Design Thinking stage.
To make each stage even more useful for teachers and educators, we developed a series of simple and effective exercises aimed at keeping the creative juices flowing both in the classroom and in one’s personal life
The Creative Problem Solving in Education course is a professional development course for teachers from all over the world, creating a unique experience that combines learning, experiencing creative flow, and networking with peers from different nations and backgrounds.
We are aware that teachers spend so much of their time encouraging and supporting their students and forget to nurture themselves! The Creative Problem Solving in Education course devotes time to techniques in mindfulness, self-nurturing, curiosity. Creativity is born in an atmosphere of relaxation and comfort. The participants will be exposed to different types of icebreakers and energisers, including outdoor challenges.
This course is for European managers, coordinators and administrators, trainers, teachers, and other educators.
12 – 16/10/2020 Krakow, Poland
31/05 – 4/06/2021 Derrynacleigh, Leenane, Ireland
Course fee: €490
Erasmsus+ programme can cover all of the associated costs (travel, course fees) allowing your organisation to participate in this course!
- Competences to conduct creative workshops.
- Competences to stimulate and moderate creativity among students.
- Specific tools for carrying out each stage of the Design Thinking process.
- The opportunity to practice moderating and using various tools including Design Thinking to work with a group.
- Increased opportunities for professional and career development.
- Improved English language competences.
- Increased motivation and satisfaction in daily work.
- Wider European network.
- Personal development.
Day 1: Who are we and why are we here?
- Getting to know each other, integration through meaningful and creative exercise and group work.
- Creating a positive learning space and atmosphere.
- Introduction to the creative approach towards problem solving based on the Design Thinking Method.
- Design Thinking benefits and good practices
Day 2: Finding creative inspiration
- Getting over fear of creativity in problem solving
- Empathy as a way of finding inspiration for problem solving
- Learning and experiencing different tools for starting the creative process
Day 3: Developing and motivating creative work
- Effective brainstorming and other methods of ideating
- Exercises, icebreakers and energisers for overcoming creative blocks
- Creating a creativity-friendly space and atmosphere
Day 4: Pathways for successful creative problem solving
- The art of prototyping
- The three dimensions of prototyping and creative work
- Choosing the right idea for problem solving
- The art of giving and receiving feedback
Day 5: Transforming creative ideas into real actions
- Planning the implementation of creative solutions
- Risk management in implementation
- Reflection: How do I use the course outcomes in my work as an educator?
Every morning, we organise outdoor challenges to stimulate participants’ creativity.
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Obtained Competences
- Europass Mobility Certificate
Derrynacleig, Leenane, Ireland
We run many of our courses in this amazing location on the west coast of Ireland. It’s called Killary Lodge. It is a brand-new villa, just 250m from the waters of Killary Fjord, in the heart of Ireland’s stunning Wild Atlantic Way.
Killary Lodge is situated in a nature lover’s paradise. There are numerous walks and hikes nearby, in the mountains, through forests, trails and beaches, as well as endless cycling routes and lots of swimming options, both in the fjord and at nearby beaches. Connemara National Park is just 15km away.
Our second location is Krakow, Poland. The city of Krakow lies on the banks of the Vistula River and is one of the most culturally and politically significant cities in Poland. Both the historic city centre and the Jewish District are brimming with cafés, shops, and pubs, and the 10-acre main market square is a medieval feast for the senses.
What others say
The Design Thinking workshop moderated by M-Powered trainers helped our Foundation to define and shape ideas on how to further develop the art and music festivals that we organise in Krakow, Poland. The workshop made us realise that even the most complex idea can be divided into prime factors. Thanks to good planning combined with hard work, success is at our fingertips.
We really appreciate the impeccable professionalism and skills of both Kasia and Marzena from M-Powered, who quickly developed this workshop for us. From the beginning to the end, I felt that the workshop was inspiring for all participants. All I can do is to wish the M-Powered team every success in their future projects! I fully recommend the M-Powered team as highly professional Design Thinking trainers.
Erasmus+ client support
Writing a successful project application is not easy. Our team of experienced project writers would like to support you. Completing the application process with our assistance is much easier than doing it on your own, guaranteeing you a higher success rate of being approved for funding.
M-Powered PIC number: 915657982
OID code: E10172805